MyTilemapEditor can export a PNG image or an XML file. There is a plugin for Unity that can import the map from MyTilemapEditor to Unity. Besides, it can also generate Tile Palette as well in case the user can keep editing it.
- Cursor : Allows selection of rectangular areas.
- Magic Wand : Allows selection of connected areas filled with the same tile.
- Select Same Tile : Allows selection of same-tiles across the entire layer
- Brush : The primary tool for editing map. It can be used to paint single tile as well as multiple tiles.
- Eraser : Left click for erasing single tile.
- Bucket : Fills empty areas or the areas covered with the same tiles.
- Shape : Draws the tiles within a rectangular areas.
- Move : Moves map's camera around.
Export to Unity
- MyTilemapEditor can export a map. There is a plugin for Unity that can import the map from MyTilemapEditor to Unity.
- Tileset can also be exported to Unity as Tile Palette.