Trikaya is an atmospheric first-person puzzle game where the player explores a long-forgotten temple and pieces together a mighty and mysterious artifact to master magics to uncover the intriguing history of the extraordinary artifact.
- Collect the Wind gem to summon powerful gusts of wind to mobilize objects.
- Acquire the Earth gem to create a mass of rock that can be used to shoot and destroy objects, and generate great pillars that allow you to reach new heights.
- Obtain the Fire gem to incinerate objects in your way and reveal hidden paths never traversed before.
- Team Name: Team 134b
- Engine: Unreal Engine 4
- Genre: first person exploration puzzle
- Platform: PC
- Shipped Date: Dec 2020
- Team Size: 11
- Develop Time: 16 Weeks
- Steam Page
- Implemented interactable object base classes and most of interactable object
- Developed checkpoint and saving system
- Built up localization for the game(English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese)
What I learned
- Change doesn't mean the end of the world. In some situations, changing early will be the best solution.
What Went Wrong
- Because of Covid-19, we started at the online rather than face to face. This caused the communication very expensive and also resulted to a low morale through months.
- At the beginning of the game, we struggled the convey to the player. Therefore, we changed a lot from the art style to the game mechanic. This caused some old codes became a mess.
What Went Well
- Solid interactable object base class. This helped me a lot, due to the start of this game, our game change frequently. But no matter how big change is, we always kept a way for modification.